Re: [ietf-822] "--" first in lines to indicate start of signature

2016-01-04 14:01:23
For the old school Fidonet mail network, the Fidonet Technical Standards
provided early guidelines.

I have no experience with Fidonet. It seems like an interesting community, with
lots of in-text special rules and procedures. IETF standards cannot adopt much
of this, but some of it may be useful. I have tried to write some RFCs which
are guidelines more than standards, but never got them finished enough to have
it published as an RFC.

Examples of such un-finished documents, which I have written but never got
ready for RFC status, are:

The IETF Golden rules: http://people.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/golden-rule/
Putting tables in e-mail messages:
http://people.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/tables-in-email.html
Advice on implementing html-formatted e-mail messages:
http://people.dsv.su.se/~jpalme/ietf/mhtml-info.html
--
Professor emeritus Jacob Palme <jpalme(_at_)dsv(_dot_)su(_dot_)se> (Stockholm
University)