Re: Bitter Pills (was Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records)

2003-03-03 10:48:05
On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 12:15:29PM -0500, Gary Feldman allegedly wrote:
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
[mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of Mark Delany
Sent: Monday, March 03, 2003 11:38 AM

Lots of bitter pills. RMX only solves the forgery problem and
it potentially breaks:

C. sending off-domain #2 (the local user using a
non-controlled domain,
  eg, I want to send email out from my ISP using my Yahoo address)

Let me point out that this boils down to "it solves the forgery
problem but breaks my ability to forge mail."

Exactly my point. Spam exploits features of email that some people
like and use, eg forging their own address.

Can we retain all of these oft-loved "features" and make an impact on
spam? I doubt it.

Regards.