Re: [Asrg] RMX Records -- waterproof?

2003-03-03 10:47:51
The checking part of reciecing server checking sending server is a good
plan
to avoid a lot of spam mail it is only not enough. You also need a
"centralized" way to check if the sending domain is a "trusted" domain.
You

Yup, but to do so, you first need a reliable link to the
domain. Otherwise its useless to check whether it's trustworthy.

regards
Hadmut

Think aboute a way that all the domains are "trusted" if they are violating
the "we do not send spam" rule they are placed on the list with a marking of
1 very new "spam attack" is placing them up in the ranking...... If you have
a spamSendingRate of 100 you are totaly blocked.  After some time of not
violating the rule the ranking will be dropping down. To maintain this list
you should be thinking of a mechanisme like the way DNS servers are updated.

I do not think that the lookup methode alone is efficient enough and manual
setting country's, IP ranges and more like that to NOT TRUSTED in your mail
sever is enough....... if we are looking fore a close and tighter meganisme
to ban SPAM from the internet we need more then the lookup methode I
think.....

Reagrds,
Johan.