[Asrg] Re: RMX Records

2003-03-04 17:06:33
Hello, I'm new to the list is still poring over the archive. Most of my
concerns with this proposal I've already seen listed, but I have a few
others.

DNS servers often suffer from being misconfigured, down, on a lame
saturated network, or any other of a long list of ailments. The email
stuff I work on deals with high volumes, so unless some part of the
protocol requires a DNS lookup, I avoid the lookup since a sufficient
number of dead DNS servers ends up becoming a DOS.

If I understand your proposal correctly, the idea is to look up the
domain and get a list of IP addresses back. When you provide dialup
access via several different companies, your list of IPs that are
allowed to relay gets huge. Getting that back via DNS seems inherently
nasty to me.

Peter