Re: [Asrg] Re: RMX Records

2003-03-04 20:56:12

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 10:46 PM, Vernon Schryver wrote:
Or to get closer to home and recent headlines, for a Hotmail user to
use an AT&T return address.

I think it's perfectly fair, though, for $DOMAIN_HOLDER to be able to say "if it's coming from $HERE, we're willing to vouch that it's someone who at least has some moderate claim to be from $DOMAIN.

Think of it more as "designating" IPs as "belonging to this domain", or "vouching for them" rather than authorization.

Yes, and the trouble is that in practice that cannot be implemented
without the forcing users to use return addresses matching their
sending IP addresses.

Not at all. It requires them to use IP addresses which their domain-holder has vouched for.

Nothing would stop me from using my rr.com host to send megacity.org mail, so long as the admin of megacity.org was willing to say "if it's coming from $THERE, it's ok".