Re: [Asrg] Time for the ISPs to fight back!

2003-03-05 17:33:33
At 07:52 PM 3/5/2003 +0000, Richard wrote:
Instead I suggest that the detection software at ISPs should respond to the spam it detects.

so you want the ISPs to be reviewing the content of your emails and applying an acceptable use policy? Interesting, China wants ISPs to do that too, and the IETF and my company have been taking a fair bit of flak from the civil liberties folks as a result. You might want to rethink that position...

if a high percentage responded then their system would collapse or at least become a lot more expensive to run.

Not really. They simply state that their return address is someplace that doesn't exist (common), or is on some server other than their spam server (also common). You can pound the ability to unsubscribe into the ground, or ddos some unsuspecting system, but you'll never touch them that way.