Re: [Asrg] [OT] Sender verification

2003-03-07 11:55:37
Please do not use sender verification systems when posting to mailing
lists. The last thing I want to see when I post to a mailing list is a
bounce trying to confirm I'm a real person (I really don't care whether
your system believes I'm a real person or not). It's as bad as getting
vacation message bounces. Turn it off!

For those of you not willing to get rid of your sender verification
system, learn to set reply-to to the list so that I don't have to jump
through your personal hoops.

Sender verification systems are expressions of "I think I'm so Special
that I think you will jump through my hoop merely to have me listen to you.

However, that complaint is worse.  If you go to the trouble of trimming
all but the mailing list address when you respond, you will not be
bothered by verification system noise.  Besides the extra effort, the
only problem with trimming your response list is that your recipient
will respond to you context and order of other messages the mailing
instead of early.  Unless you think your words are Very Special, I
don't see any harm in that.

Note that sending to both the list and the other person causes the other
person to get two copies of your wonderful words.  Isn't that Special?