Re: [Asrg] Taxonomy (Four oracles model)

2003-03-10 08:47:56
Just to give an idea about how I'd subclass the second stage
("Is this message spam?"):

- sender rating

     - sender black/whitelisting
     - RMX results (possibly with black/whitelisting)
     - signature verification result (possibly with black/whitelisting)
     - has sender been authenticated?
     - does the sender's MX accept messages sent to this
       address?

- context analysis

     - is this message somehow related to earlier
       traffic with the other party? (e.g. is a
       direct reply, did we discuss similar contents
       with that particular party earlier?)

     - did the message contain a valid cookie?

- mass mail detection

     - Try to determine whether other recipients received
       the same mail, e.g. ask databases, hash value methods

- content analysis

     - statistical methods
     - patterns
     - blacklisted words ("penis enlargement devices", "money transfer
       from africa")
     - size constraints

- meta rules

     combine results of other methods