Re: [Asrg] Email Certification Path Proposal

2003-03-11 15:32:47
On Tue, 11 Mar 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:

Plus I think the above pushes Ralsky (or whoever) into a whole other
legal bracket than spamming, and thus gives the FTC the teeth they need
to go after him for federal crime. But IANAL so this may be false.

Where's the crime, false advertising, or other naughtiness, besides
wrecking the hopes of people who think authentication is magic pixie dust?

I believe it would be fraud. Hiding behind hired goons is *not* a valid
defense against fraud charges.