Re: [Asrg] FYI: CNN article

2003-03-17 20:58:17

In message
<Pine(_dot_)LNX(_dot_)4(_dot_)44(_dot_)0303171531430(_dot_)17376-100000(_at_)sokol(_dot_)elan(_dot_)net>,

william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/internet/03/17/halting.spam.ap/index.html

        ``So an international organization best known for creating the
        Internet's plumbing has decided to explore fundamental changes
        in its architecture that would effect a fix. This would ultimately
        require a global consensus -- and software updates for everybody.''

It would???

Who says so?

I myself have some rather different ideas... ideas that DON'T involve
everybody on the planet trashing all of the existing infrastructure
that they have in place already.  And I'm not alone.  Not by any means.
There's a lot of people working on evolutionary ideas, rather than
revolutionary ones.  The evolutionary ones have one helluva lot more
chance of actually being adopted.