[Asrg] SPEWS listing all of UUNET

2003-03-17 20:59:39
A day or two ago I asked in NANAE if anyone has heard of SPEWS
listing all of UUNET.  The only responses have been negative.
So far the most comprehensive response is:

] From: pacman(_at_)manson(_dot_)clss(_dot_)net (Alan Curry)

] ...
] Since 24 Jul 2002 I have downloaded spews_level_1.txt about once every other
] day, and saved the parts that relate to the UUNET65 netblock (65.192.0.0/11).
] As a customer in that netblock, I want to keep track of how fast the listings
] are approaching my /24.
]
] None have ever come very close.
]
] For a while there was a /15 listed under S971 (Worldreach). It was the
] biggest block listed in SPEWS level 1, it generated n.a.n-a.e traffic from
] the human shields, but compared to the idea of listing all of UUNET, it was
] tiny. I don't pay much attention to SPEWS level 2, but it usually seems to
] list the same size netblocks as level 1, for a longer period of time, so I
] doubt it has listed all of UUNET either.
]
] Furthermore, as a customer since 12 Oct 2001, with a traffic level of about
] 1000 messages per day, I'm not aware of any outgoing messages being rejected
] due to a SPEWS listing.

See http://spews.org/ to ask SPEWS about SPEWS's records for IP
addresses and S-records.