RE: [Asrg] Position paper, in zipped HTML

2003-03-16 11:16:31
At 9:18 PM -0800 3/15/03, Hallam-Baker, Phillip wrote:
Good point, I was trying to suggest a central opt-out list for that
reason but never actually stated it.

I think I should be able to opt out once and get off every list.

Actually there's a problem with global opt-out lists.  They're global.

For instance. Does my putting my address on one keep Adobe from sending me the product updates I asked for? And if not, what keeps every other company from claiming some prior business relationship.

I think global phone opt-out lists are easier because people want their phone for personal stuff and not business. So they are happy to nuke all companies. But that's not as true for email.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.