RE: [Asrg] Tragedy of the Commons

2003-03-19 18:14:16
I'll have to excuse myself and leave it cryptic for now because my time
is finite. I'll simply point out that it's not at all clear what the
limits are and we overly focus on doling out scarcity. Even my time,
which I see as very limited, can be effectively increased with tools and
better metaphors for the information.

-----Original Message-----
From: asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org [mailto:asrg-admin(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org] On
Behalf Of
Frank de Lange
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2003 18:56
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] Tragedy of the Commons

asrg(_at_)bobf(_dot_)frankston(_dot_)com wrote:

Be careful about confusing physical models of limited resources with
situations wherein there may be synergy of the commons.

Nice terminology. What does it translate to? What synergy are you
referring to? Some examples?

The resources are limited, however way you put it. Your time is limited.

Your bandwidth is limited. Your storage space is limited. Even the
screen space is limited. You have limited resources to expand your
limits (money). And, also very important, your patience is limited.
Several people have already given up on email because of spam.

Frank