Re: [Asrg] Taxonomy of anti-spam systems version 3

2003-03-20 09:27:35
Here is a third draft of the taxonomy of anti-spam systems.

and response, I believe that it should be prevention, detection, and
response. Prevention systems are subcategorized into deterrence systems
and
protection systems.

Good so far I think. I still believe a more general message classification
taxonomy (including spam) would be useful. Of course that's not what you're
trying to do here so I'll shut up (for now).

3)    Spam Responses - These are the different approaches that can be
taken upon receipt.

maybe add (l) Bounce Back
as performed by (I'm sure otherwise excellent) "Mailwasher", "Spam CSI"
etc.

I don't think this is covered by "Malicious response".