Re: RE: [Asrg] My Opinion regarding ietf asrg session (it went badly! )

2003-03-23 02:59:47

If certs were required to send mail, then we'd have big ISPs distributing
CDROMs labelled "4000 free hours" and automatically issuing certs
along with user names and passwords.  There would be no change from
the current situation, except that the commercial CAs would have
another revenue stream.

If Certs were required to send mail AND were only issued under strict terms
and conditions AND revocation for T&C violation was properly managed.
Then you'd have a CA that was actually earning its income.

I think these certificates would probably cost considerable more than
personal certs do now.