[RANT][RE: [Asrg] Hashstamp-like proposal

2003-03-24 12:22:09
 I think that a new protocol or additions to the SMTP protocol are going to
be required, I am not sure how it could be otherwise. There are too many
different mail systems out there, running on too many different operating
systems, hardware, and MTA's.
 To just patch sendmail is a good thing, but how many systems are not
running sendmail?

 For all the nay-sayers, I am sorry, if you can give me any example of how
this can be accomplished otherwise, I would love to hear it.
 I am all for changing and/or adding protocols. The question is, how much
infrastructure will need to change (cost) or how simple will it be to
incorporate into my current code (effort)?

 My goals are these-

 1) Make everything legitimate. When I read all these posts, that is the
very first question I ask- Will this make the email  I send or receive
legit? Then I ask- [Benefit - (Cost + Effort)]= Is it worth it?
 2) Start tackling sources and a spam economics. (This I cannot affect until
after I know for a fact where they are)
 3) Reap benefits of reduced operating costs due to reduced load and take
numerous vacations in places like Vegas and Tahiti.

Regards,
Damon Sauer