Re: [Asrg] Unhelpful "helpful" solutions

2003-03-28 22:07:57
At 6:26 PM -0500 3/28/03, Valdis(_dot_)Kletnieks(_at_)vt(_dot_)edu wrote:
While we're at it, can we pass the hat to hire a few people from <insert
ethnic extra-legal entrepreneur group here> to "explain" to the bozos
responsible the concept of only sending *one* notice to each recipient,
not one for each piece of mail??? ;)

/Valdis (who just got ANOTHER one. Gaak)

Yeah, well be thankful you don't post to this group as much as I do.

I was actually pissed enough that I've gone to the trouble of getting a mailkey so that I can flame their support email address. (Which, by the way, they do not mail a mailto link on their site, although they do other addresses, and which they specifically say will take a long time to get a reply to... because of demand.)

Here was the process.

Go to web site.
Click on Contact Page.
Click on button indicating that you want to talk to them.
Enter the email address to which you wish to talk, and the email address from which you will send (twice).
On the next page you will see a graphic.  Type in the result.
On the next page  you will be given a number.
Send email to support(_at_)mailkey(_dot_)com, with that number somewhere in the
subject.

In return for all of this work, I get the privilege of reporting several bugs to them. But the truth of the matter is that there is no way I was going to go to all of that trouble just to report that their software is buggy. (BTW, if you have them send one of your messages to you, the resultant email message has an introduction with typos.) The real reason I put up with the garbage was for the pleasure of telling them that they have done an excellent job of demonstrating to this group how *not* to write anti-spam software.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.puremessaging.com/        Junk-Free Email Filtering

everyone else's.