[Asrg] spamstones

2003-04-01 10:11:03
Matt,

MS> Anti-Virus error rate is 0 FN's and 1 in 1 million FPs.
MS> Anti-Spam error rate is about 1 in 1000 FPs based on detecting about
MS> 95% of spam.

thanks!

hmmm. it occurs to me that a technical research group on spam might want
to consider look to agree on standard methodology for deriving false
negatives and false positives. this would allow everyone to compare
mechanisms in an equivalent way.

given the nature of spam, and the nature of most technologies for
detecting it, the determination of FNs and FPs is not automatically
obvious.  that makes it a fertile opportunity for standardization.

d/
--
 Dave Crocker <mailto:dcrocker(_at_)brandenburg(_dot_)com>