[Asrg] two notes that went "down the wrong pipe"

2003-04-06 09:01:02
<ritual line eater food>

sigh.

what follows are two notes i sent to namedroppers, rather than to this list,
owing to the similarity of superficial subject matter ("opt-in vs opt-out"),
and a lack of coffee and/or clue on my part.

for what it is worth, phill referenced an ftc report that is consistent with
the cdt report mentioned by the chair, that whois:43 is not a major source
of email addresses to which spam is targeted. phill's note was a reply to my
first note, and is available in the namedropper list archive, or directly
from phill. this was the context of my second note.

eric