in essence (Re: [Asrg] honey pot plugged)

2003-04-09 13:19:05
I agree, this does nothing to solve the real problem:
Why do people send spam,

because it costs them next to nothing and a marginal percentage of lamers respond to their solicitations.

and how do we make them stop SENDING it?

we A: take away their incentive (profit)
we B: develop a new system or supplement the current system in such a way that it allows email users to effectively and efficiently block, filter or bypass spam. we C: analyze spammer strategy and develop passive or aggressive countermeasures.

If we answer this question, we win. The contest is over.

John Fenley