Re: [Asrg] Two options (was: Legal suggestions...)

2003-04-16 07:14:28
"John Fenley" <pontifier(_at_)hotmail(_dot_)com> wrote:
I am saying that the sender has the right to send anything they want.
I am saying that the reciever has the right to recieve anything they want.

  And the third party has the right to do anything *they* want with
traffic passing through their network.

 Are you really saying that the backbone providers have *no* say in
what traffic they handle?

THIRD PARTIES should not interfere with mail delivery.
This behavior should be illegal.

  I can see the lawsuits now.  1000 spammers trying to send a billion
spams each, and the backbone starts dropping packets.  Each spammer
then sues the backbone provider for "interfering" with mail delivery.

  You're allowing endpoints to sue third parties for failing to
deliver services that they had never contracted to deliver to the
endpoints.  This is nonsense.

  Alan DeKok.