RE: [Asrg] Other Groups Efforts

2003-04-21 10:30:32
There are a number of groups out there. The reason that I do not
dismiss the possibility of deploying a double ended solution out
of hand is because there is a reasonable probability that the
four largest ISPs can be persuaded to participate in a joint
solution if the right argument can be made.

So don't assume that the normal IETF rules apply here. This is not
a normal deployment. We have unique access to resources if we choose
to make the right statement.

                Phill

-----Original Message-----
From: Tom Bartel [mailto:tbartel(_at_)assurancesys(_dot_)com]
Sent: Monday, April 21, 2003 12:38 PM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: [Asrg] Other Groups Efforts

The recent discussions here have been interesting, to say the
least... I
wonder, given the efforts here, what is thought about other groups
efforts.  From todays SpamNews:

http://directmag.com/ar/marketing_email_coalition_floats/index.htm

How does the idea of "legitimate" bulk senders, being
"certified", scrub
against any of the technical backend architecture changes being
discussed here.  It seems to me that most any idea holds
little promise
with out the cooperation of Top ISP's.  I'm not sure the NAI group has
that.

Tom

---