Re: [Asrg] LIMP: Local Interpretation of MX Priority

2003-04-22 08:37:35
Vernon Schryver <vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com> wrote:
Your notion is based on one or or both the obviously bad ideas:

  1. STMP clients treat a 4yz as needing an immediate retry at another
     SMTP server.

  That wasn't my intention, and I tried to make that clear.

  2. SMTP clients remember which the MX servers they have tried in
     previous "queue runs".

  I didn't say that.  That appears to be your understanding of how you
would implement my proposal.

Please do not send me any more mail.  We lack sufficient mutual regard.

  <shrug> I admit I'm imperfect.  I realize I don't know as much about
details of SMTP as many others on this list, yourself included.

  I had hoped people would offer criticisms, suggestions, or comments
to my "straw-man" proposal.  It wasn't meant to be perfect or
implementable as-is. It was intended only to stimulate discussion.

  I'm disappointed that the only discussion involved reading things
into it which weren't stated, or intended by me.

  Alan DeKok.