RE: [Asrg] A New Plan for No Spam / Velocity Indicator

2003-04-25 15:54:57

reminds me of the infamous "V-chip" and we all know how that one
turned out...

It was deployed and ignored because most people were not that bothered about
the issue. However it did have the effect of preventing TV programs being
dumbed down to the level of what gives least offense.

I don't think anyone is proposing going to congress to force people to use
this technology either producing or receivng.

is this a plan for no spam,
or a plan to make lots of money for verisign? why sugar coat it?

I don't see why those should be considered contradictory goals. I think any
commercial entity that can find a solution is likely to profit from it.

The velocity indicator is only one of the proposals in the paper. However it
is the only one that had not been previously published in any form.

The schemes it competes against would be considerably more costly to the end
user and are also encumbered.

        Phill