Re: [Asrg] seeking comments on new RMX article

2003-05-06 09:44:56

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Vernon Schryver wrote:
The RMX check as I understand it is intended to ask the people who own
the envelope sender domain name if the IP address of the SMTP client is
authorized to send mail with that sender name.  If the HELO value matches
the sender name, and if one of the IP addresses of the HELO value is that
of the SMTP client, then the SMTP client is authorized.

Vernon,

This is not quite how RMX works; perhaps our disagreement stems from a
simple miscommunication.

Won't you please take a look at the page?

        http://www.mikerubel.org/computers/rmx_records/

Thanks,
Mike