[Asrg] Suggested reply?

2003-05-13 13:07:46
Boy, what I REALLY need is an RMX system so that this guy doesn't black-list
me.

 I also thought this might be fun- any suggested replies?

-Damon

From:         Security & Abuse Department[SMTP:ABUSE(_at_)PNWX(_dot_)COM]
Sent:         Tuesday, May 13, 2003 1:20:53 PM
To:   postmaster@; hostmaster@;
Subject:      WE HAVE JUST BLACKLISTED xxx.xxx.xxx.0/24 BECUASE YOUR BRAIN
DEAD MAIL SERVER APPARENTLY SENDS AUTO RESPONSES TO SPOOFED ADDRESSES IN
SPAM. WE HAVE SENT NO E-MAIL WARRANTING THIS AUTO-ACK!
Auto forwarded by a Rule

We received an auto-response(s) from your mail server spam scanner. It's
claiming we are sending out spam. It would seem that your system is the
victim of Joe Jobs. Spammers, unlike other e-mail senders SPOOF the From:
and Reply-To: headers with addresses from the victims they wish to attack.
Rest assured WE ARE NOT SENDING OUT SPAM!

We do have to chastise you for using a broken mail server that sends these
"auto-replys". Having a mail server send such replies is brain dead because
it can easily be used to send trash to someone who had nothing to do with
it.

NOTICE: WE HAVE FIREWALLED THE C-BLOCK THAT THIS MAIL SERVER RESIDES IN TILL
WE RECEIVE A RESPONSE FROM YOU STATING THAT THIS PROBLEM HAS BEEN
RESOLVED!!!

Security & Abuse Department
pnwx.com

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."