RE: [Asrg] (Position): Successful anti-spam techniques must avoid software patents

2003-05-29 12:18:16
I am currently working on a draft summarizing IP issues relevant to the group AND a list of all IP claims with statements from owners.

But I believe it was mentioned in a list message before (https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/msg02089.html):

>From: william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net
>Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:03:12 -0800 (PST)
>Subject: Re: [Asrg] ASRG work items
>
>lso I'd like to add additional topic - IPR. I know IRTF currently does
>not have IPR policy, but I'd like one established just for this research
>group. I think we can do the following:
>1. Whenever somebody mentions technology where they know some patent exist
>or may possibly apply to the technology, the person should make statement
>about IPR rights. If this patent has not been mentioned before on list,
>there should be information either together with IPR statement or at the
>end of message with either:
> a. If patent is received: US (or other country), Patent#, possibly link
>    to the patent website
> b. If patent is pending - Name of person or organization that filed it
>    and date it was filed, possibly application#
>2. I would like to see somebody on the list volunteer to maintain list
>of all patents mentioned (see abobve) and this list provided either
>regularly to email list or located and updated on rg website.

Yakov