RE: [Asrg] TitanKey and "white lies"... (Faking SMTP hard errors "improves" C/R utility?)

2003-06-01 07:51:50

If we were using some form of SMTP-model, then the recipient would not
actually accept the message. Instead his system would issue some form of
SMTP error code back, something like "450 Need to verify sender".
This will
force the sender's system to hold on to the message until the C/R process
runs its gamut.

Yes, this would be about as efficient as RMX.  I'm guessing that the CRI
systems would have to first negotiate their capabilities.  In other words,
if I send a 450, I don't know if the remote system is churning through it's
database to look for a message sent to me or not.  If someone says they are
CRI capable, then I should not accept a message if they do not supply a
Response String.  If they aren't CRI capable, then I should accept the
message and do whatever I do with mail.

Another area of concern is that an SMTP method does not allow for client
software to perform the CRI process.