RE: [Asrg] C/R Interworking Framework

2003-06-04 18:18:43
I think its reasonable to think deployment would be rapid. CR is a
relatively new "protocol" if you will. We as a SMTP CR vendor would
comply.

-----Original Message-----
From: Vernon Schryver [mailto:vjs(_at_)calcite(_dot_)rhyolite(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2003 2:01 PM
To: asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] C/R Interworking Framework

From: Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>

However, if we are defining an SMTP process for CRI
protocols, can we
use
the VRFY command as a part of an ESMTP extension?

What about deployment and adoption rates?  Do you want it to
work even with MTAs not running your new protocol? In other
words, do you want it to work only in theory or to also have
a glimmer of a hope of working in the real Internet within
the next 20 years?