RE: [Asrg] ASRG IPR policy (was RE: US Spam patents: Partial list)

2003-06-13 10:01:39
Paul Judge wrote:
We have decided to adopt the following IPR policy for the ASRG.
It is based on the IETF's IPR policy as outlined in RFC 2026.

        I hope everyone is aware that IPR policy has been and continues
to be quite a hotly discussed issue in the IETF IPR Working group. There
are currently a number of ID's which are very close to going to final
call that clarify the existing IETF policies.

The IPR working group charter is at:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ipr-charter.html
The mailing list archives are at:
  www.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/ipr-wg/current/maillist.html

The documents currently being developed are:
Guidelines for Working Groups on Intellectual Property Issues

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-wg-guidelines-05.txt
Intellectual Property Rights in IETF Technology

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-technology-rights-09.
txt
IETF Rights in Contributions

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-submission-rights-06.
txt
A Template for IETF Patent Disclosures and Licensing Declarations
  http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipr-template-03.txt

        bob wyman