RE: [Asrg] Introduction and another idea

2003-06-19 12:48:40
From: Yakov Shafranovich <research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com>

Then the question is do we sacrifice this minority of legit HTML messages
in order to kill spam.

Of course not.  Who suggested anything of the sort?

We still have legitimate SMTP relays.  Suggestions that all SMTP relays
be outlawed or sacrificed come from only kooks and those who are so
completely ignorant of the system that they don't know about MX
secondarys and "smart hosts."

Making HTML email not be the default sacrafices nothing more than
changing the default in sendmail, which was not a sacrafice at all.