Re: [Asrg] New proposal for spam blocking: Greylisting

2003-06-20 11:25:56

I would agree that users should be made aware of any possible privacy risks,
but most users are already aware that mailer level statistics are kept, and
this is just the same thing, just a different format.

That mailer logs are also quite sensitive does not make your records
less sensitive.

The only issue I had with the original statement was the claim that this
method should cause greater concern for privacy.  While there are privacy
concerns with any statistics, I wouldn't consider this method any more of a
danger than normal server logs, since nothing is kept that couldn't be found
there.

Evan