[Asrg] Consent Proposal

2003-06-29 18:23:44
Yakov,

This system is very similar, in fact almost identical, to the current one employed by Hotmail. It is not effective in eliminating spam, the end user still recieves it and has to deal with it. Also, it does not address the main issue about spam and that is the roughly 30% band-width absorbed across the Internet by it. All this seems to do is sort it at the recieving end.

I also read something about a confirmation being sent back from the server, this is just an adaptation of challange response.

It also does not address the issue of spammer's who use their own mail servers.
Can you clear any of these problems up?

Mark McCarron.

filter incoming=20