Re: [Asrg] Consent Proposal

2003-06-27 12:22:05
At 09:53 PM 6/26/2003 -0600, Selby Hatch wrote:

Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
The charter goes on and on about consent, however aside from Gordon's HTML blocking thread, there has been no discussion of that. If discussion of consent is premature at the moment, what should we be looking at right now? In general, what directions should the group be pursuing at the moment? As it appears rights now, there are mainly various discussions about everything under the sun, but no concrete sense of direction at all.
Yakov

How can you say that? The entire proposal that I submitted
was completely and totally about consent and authentication.
I understand that it may not be painless to implement, but I
have read no proposal here that would be both effective and
painless.
[..]

Spam elimination by mailbox lock and key (or token) and by
sender authentication
[..]

The main crux of the proposal is that the sender and receiver share a key which expresses agreement to exchange email - i.e. consent. The key is a consent token.

My problem is that this is a specific implementation or way to build consent systems. We should strive to define a general consent framework into which proposals such as this will fit.

Yakov