Re: [Asrg] Re: The Solution To Spam - The First Response (Ken Hirsch)

2003-07-03 09:29:09
Mark McCarron wrote:

I must agree with Ken. It only makes sense to raise the current pricing schemes to remove illegitimate companies from the Internet, leaving only those with significant investments in the web business free to win back public support.

By rasing the 'bar' of initial expenditure verus return we could eliminate a significant porportion of Internet fraud. 'GIEIS' will employ this technique as well as others.

But how do we accomplish this without eliminating all free enterprise on the Internet, where anyone with access can establish themselves as a meaningful entity, rather than turning the Internet into what exists now in broadcast television, where viewers are wholly passive entities with no direct influence on the medium? The bottom line is that requiring business registration creates a much higher hurdle for starting new online businesses, and this is unacceptable, seeing what the existing freedom on the Internet has given the world aside from spam.

--
Philip Miller