[Asrg] 'GIEIS' - The Final Response?

2003-07-04 19:52:31
I have reviewed GIEIS and here is what I make of it.

1. You are asking senders to volunteer or even pay to cripple their ability to send email.

2. Your authentication seems to need to verify both the sending, and the receiving process.

3. Your rate limiting on domestic accounts does not seem to be very effective.

4. You are trying to track every email sent anywhere from a central point.

5. Because your system cannot handle any email that did not originate within the system, there is no advantage to early adopters. Your system will only be effective at high rates of adoption… on the order of 80%, and people will use what is effective.

There are many systems that can prevent spam if everyone does what you tell them… telling people not to send spam is and example of such a system, and it seems to have about the same chance of widespread adoption.

John Fenley