[Asrg] 0. General - Dealing with proposals

2003-07-23 09:48:36
In light of the fact that the requirements documents, the evaluation framework and the consent model are all works in progress, I think that we need an interim policy or framework on how to deal with new proposals. The research agenda (http://www.irtf.org/asrg/asrg_research_agenda.htm) states that " Some proposals need to be revisited with regard to the requirements, the evaluation model, and the consent framework. A template for proposals would also be useful."

Are the documents mature enough at this point that they can be used for evaluating proposals? Also, proposals seem to cause the most problems on the list and tend to start flame attacks more than any other topics. This just re-enforces the need for some kind of policy on how proposals should be dealt with.

Would someone like to volunteer to write up such policy and/or a template for proposals as well?

Yakov