RE: [Asrg] RE: 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key re duces spam attacks

2003-08-12 15:42:44
 Hello All Again,

 I apologize for my absence, I have unfortunately been very understaffed
lately and have been very busy with various projects.
 I have approximately 1/4 - 1/2 billion emails worth of data of varying
specifics and depth.
 Please contact me directly: postmaster(_at_)BellSouth(_dot_)com if you are
working on
this aspect and we can work out the specifics.
 Currently I block about 3/4 million messages a day.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

-----Original Message-----
From: Yakov Shafranovich [mailto:research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 4:48 AM
To: Scott Nelson; asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [Asrg] RE: 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key
reduces spam attacks

At 04:30 AM 8/10/2003, Scott Nelson wrote:
At 11:00 PM 8/9/03 -0400, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:
At 09:50 PM 8/9/2003, Terry Sullivan wrote:
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 01:37:54 +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:

This may also apply to another proposal - Greylisting which rejects
emails with a 445 response and forces the spammers to redeliver.

(quibble: greylisting uses a 451 response, not 445.)

Sorry, my mistake - I got the error codes wrong. Mea Culpa.

Right now, I'm conducting a study of greylisting to try and determine
(or at least gather /some/ evidence of) it's effect on the volume of
spam. ..................

What kind of spam volumes are you working with?

Yakov

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."