RE: [Asrg] RE: 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Titan Key re duces spam attacks

2003-08-12 19:25:40
At 09:55 PM 8/12/2003, Brad Knowles wrote:
At 9:19 PM -0400 2003/08/12, Yakov Shafranovich wrote:

 Does anyone present would like to assist in the analysis work? Aside
 from this data graciously being offered, we have access to many other
 source of spam data from Brightmail, Postini, and such. Any help with
 analyzing it would help greatly!

Can you give us any guidelines as to how we might be able to help analyze this data?

First of all take a look at the following link which lists various characteristics to look out for:

http://www.irtf.org/asrg/spam_characterization.htm

Second, I believe Peter Key has been doing some research in this area as well. Third, we need someone to be in charge of the analysis work, coordinating various research in that area. Fourth, there is a ton of data in the mailing list archive at:

https://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/working-groups/asrg/current/maillist.html

Summary of discussions at:

http://www.elan.net/~william/asrg/index.htm

You can also use gmane.org to search the list archive:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.asrg