RE: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Experimental Desi gn

2003-08-18 11:15:23
We found this piece of software that will run against an exchange mailbox,
gather certain information from email in a folder and put in in a database
... It is very interesting. But it does not go far enough. Could someone
look at this? I think that it would be a GREAT help in cataloging the data.
Once the vital information is in a sql database- I can match my logs to it.

http://www.hlyspirit.org.uk/cms/index.php?id=1

 Does anyone have any useful tools (and free) tools they are using now?

Regards,
Damon Sauer

Regards,
Damon Sauer

-----Original Message-----
From: Yakov Shafranovich [mailto:research(_at_)solidmatrix(_dot_)com]
Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2003 10:31 PM
To: Terry Sullivan; asrg(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Experimental Design

At 01:32 PM 8/15/2003, Terry Sullivan wrote:

This message is intended to address general questions of experimental
design in a "known noisy" environment, and uses "550s-vs-spam volume"
for illustrative purposes only. ...............

We need to setup guidelines in general for the entire item #2 - Analysis
section. All the research studies and inquiries in that section will have
to be statistically correct, and we need to work out some details on that.

Yakov

*****
"The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to
which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use
of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If you received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all
computers."