Re: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - Experimental Desi gn

2003-08-18 11:32:15

Sauer, Damon writes:
We found this piece of software that will run against an exchange mailbox,
gather certain information from email in a folder and put in in a database
... It is very interesting. But it does not go far enough. Could someone
look at this? I think that it would be a GREAT help in cataloging the data.
Once the vital information is in a sql database- I can match my logs to it.

I would caution against using Exchange as a back-end for mail reception;
it rewrites the messages extensively and many key spam signatures will
be lost.

--j.