Re: [Asrg] 2.a.1 Analysis of Actual Spam Data - next steps

2003-08-22 00:30:22
At 07:30 AM 8/20/03 -1000, Peter Kay wrote:
OK, gang, another summary here.

So far, one person has volunteered to assist w/ the project in terms of
"owning" an email address. Mahalo Nui to Selby Hatch for standing up.

Terry and gang have done an admirable job of setting up the outline of a
plan which I've edited/summarized below. Very much appreciated.

So what we have now is 1 email owner volunteer and a plan that calls for
60 email addresses, possibly spread out across N domains.  And one call
to use 60 address per domain potentially gives us hundreds of addresses
to deal with. And if we're going to do a Terry-resilient test, we will
need to treat these email addresses as normally as possible, normal
meaning that we open them, click on them, etc.

Unless we get more people to agree to assist, we can't do this
experiment.

Last chance to stand up and help. If you're going to do this, do it now.
The 8/21 deadline (for this project to gather up a sufficiently-sized
group) is fast approaching and 1 volunteer ain't gonna cut it.

Oops, looks like I'm 20 minutes short.  Sorry.
I can "adopt" an address.  In fact, I can adopt 10 addresses,
if it's acceptable for them to come from the same /28 net block.
(or a virtually unlimited number if they can come from the same domain).

Scott Nelson <scott(_at_)spamwolf(_dot_)com>