0. General - IPR (was Re: [Asrg] US Spam patents: Partial list)

2003-08-23 21:08:39
This issue has been brought up before - the difference between the abstract of the patent and its body. I think we need to rethink the value of providing the patent listings to the ASRG. The primary reason for providing IP information is for IPR disclosures within the group in accordance to our interim IPR policy. The secondary reasons for research purposes - its good to know what's out there in case we ever came against it.

I had been trying to maintain a list of this information at (http://www.solidmatrix.com/research/asrg/asrg-ipr.html). It needs to be split into two documents: 1. List of IPR disclosures made to the group (so far we got two of those, one from MailBlocks and another from Peter Key of TitanKey).
2. List of spam-related intellectual property.

The first document is administrative, but I would like to ask someone in the group to take over the second document. Along with that, I would like to ask that the IP listings unless they are IPR disclosures, should be be simply added to that document and the group notified at regular intervals that the document has been updated. Whoever maintains the second document, can do so according to his own guidelines since it is something that is not within the group's charter.

Yakov