Re: [Asrg] 7. BCP - Verisign and wildcards

2003-09-16 19:48:43
On Tue, Sep 16, 2003 at 07:24:50PM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:
      Word from Paul Vixie is that the ISC is working feverishly on a
more general solution to this problem.  Unfortunately, that's about
all I know at the moment.

Isn't it kinda funny ...

*.museum points to 195.7.77.20

    museum.                 IN NS  ns.icann.org.
    museum.                 IN NS  nic.icom.org.
    museum.                 IN NS  nic.museum.
    museum.                 IN NS  ns1.getty.edu.
    museum.                 IN NS  ns-ext.vix.com.

Please note especially
    ns.icann.org
    ns-ext.vix.com
in that list.

Btw. there are about 10 other TLDs that also have *.tld records.

Please don't get me wrong, I am really upset about VeriSigns "coup",
but there is more to fix than just .com/.net and not all white hats
are without big black spots ...

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299