Re: 7. BCP - Mail Administrators: Checking HELO (was: [Asrg] 0. General - Administrative - for M. Wild)

2003-09-19 18:37:47
On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 02:09:34AM +0200, Brad Knowles wrote:

      My subjective views have been based on my experience as the Sr.
Internet Mail Administrator for AOL from '95-97 (up to five million
users), and the Sr. Systems Architect for Belgacom Skynet from
'98-2001 (peak of ~one million users).

      I'm not sure if we've got anyone on the list with current
experience and access to log data from such large ISPs, but I do know
that we have some people on the list with current experience and
access to log data from ISPs in the six-figure range.  I would be
very interested to see their data.

We have seen about 1,200,000 different IP addresses connecting to us in the
past six months and we block about 1,000,000 SMTP connections on our MX
servers every week on average.  What other stats would be of interest?