Re: 6. Proposals - SMTP Level Unsubscribe (was Re: [Asrg] SMTP level unsubscribe)

2003-09-29 02:35:37

I have heard the suggestion made that a "bounce" button in
addition to the "delete" button in one's MUA might ease things.
The final MTA stores the envelope return address in a way that
the MUA can get it. mbox format typically has the envelope return
path on the first line, but POP3 daemons tend to strip the envelope
off.

I'm not sure that a delivery status notification should be generated after
what is clearly a successful delivery. It makes my brain hurt.