Re: [Asrg] 2. Analysis (specifically, trap addresses)

2003-10-01 19:49:28
Kee Hinckley wrote:

I think we get fooled somewhat by the large amount of spam and assume that we are dealing with a very large sample size; one which should therefore show standard statistical distributions. If in fact the actual number of senders (or software/target combinations) is quite small, than we will in fact *not* see standard distributions--even if the volume of spam itself is very high. What we are sampling is not spam, but spammer targets/techniques. Accurately measuring such a small population may require a much greater distribution of spamtraps. And it's definitely not a random population. Spammers specialize. There are some who do nothing but AOL accounts. And as my experience suggests, there are apparently some who are simply broken.

Well, there are just that many dedicated spammers, then I personally would make the assumption that at least one of them is on this list. I know if that were MY business, **I'd** be here.

--
"You are behaving like a man",
is an insult from some women,