Re: 6. Proposal - Sender Pays - Article (was Re: [Asrg] ziff-davis editorial on sender-pays)

2003-10-05 15:55:27
On Wed, 2003-10-01 at 16:28, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
a series of well-though out criticisms.

  None of these issues exist with
proof of work stamp based sender-pays.

Yes, but how does the recipient collect?  Where do I trade
my hashcash in for cash and/or valuable prizes?

some folks might see it as a competitive advantage to have a private
currency.
They may perceive it as a "lock in" and if they can just get a monopoly, they
will be set for life.

I certainly hope so! :)

What's more likely is that there will be a large number of issuers some of
which
will settle with others and some of which won't.

You have hit the nail on the head regarding my issues with attached
stamps.

pay2send insists on prepayment by bulk mailers, and is therefore
concerned with easily authenticating identities of bulk-mailers to
avoid theft from their prepaid pay-to-spam accounts.

--
david nicol