Re: [Asrg] 6. Proposals - transparent authentication scheme and cost-shifting

2003-10-10 14:48:41
On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 12:08:36PM -0500, Trusted Mailer Support wrote:
jam servers and cause deliver delays).  The system then counts the
legitimate bulk email and thereafter charges the bulk emailer on a
cost-per-thousand basis, with the proceeds covering enforcement with the
remainder distributed to participating ISPs as cost of receipt reimbursement.

1) You are talking about the Internet. I live in Europe and just as no
   US company cares about ISPs in Europe, I don't care about and trust
   mailservers in China or anywhere else in the world.
2) Ok, you sent me 35000 messages clasified as bulk in one month. So I
   do charge how much? Does what I get differ from what AOL gets,
   because their userbase is 100 times the size and they won't let you
   in unless you pay .. hmmm ... 100 USD/1000 messages?
3) You sent me 35000 messages clasified as bulk, I'd get 35 USD (dumping
   price). Now you deny it and say it have only been 5000. So where does
   the clearing take place? How much will it cost? Will it be easier
   so *sigh* and say "ok then,  5000".
4) You don't pay the money. And now?
5) You do pay the money. Does that mean you will send me 5 USD through
   some bank account from the US to Germany? Do you have an idea what
   the costs involved in such a transaction are?

To earn the trust of participating ISPs and a license to use the x-header
authentication scheme, the sender must register with the system: (1) the
sender's permission status, (2) legal entity name, (3) sender domain(s),
and (4) sender IP address(es).  The sender must also agree to have all
email blocked by participating ISPs that do not carry the authentication
scheme.  The sender must also agree to permission compliance and
unsubscribe process monitoring and agree to pay the tolling system.

So, if one of our customers wants to set up a new Newsletter and all
his customers have double opted-in he has to contact all of the ISps that
his customers have contracts with and make contracts with them to get
his Newsletter delivered to his customers that demanded to receive the
Newsletter? Do you mean this serious?

Anyway, that's a taste.  Send me an email if you'd like to learn more
about the project.

You said you "like to contribute our work to the public good".
So where is the link to the whitepaper?

        \Maex

--
SpaceNet AG            | Joseph-Dollinger-Bogen 14 | Fon: +49 (89) 32356-0
Research & Development |       D-80807 Muenchen    | Fax: +49 (89) 32356-299