Re: [Asrg] Fwd: Email Deliverability Summit II Update

2003-10-18 08:15:40
At 11:53 PM +0200 10/17/03, Brad Knowles wrote:
Folks,

Found this on the NANOG mailing list. Is this relevant to what we're doing? Do we need to review any of these documents, or should we get in touch with any of these people?

I was at Summit II, as were at least a few other people on this list. If you look at ASRG's work as a way of reducing the noise of spam, than I'd say that Summit II was working on increasing the signal strength of legitimate bulk mail.

There are some good guidelines that came out of it in terms of proper handling of 5xx SMTP errors, proper errors to send when you are rejecting someone because you believe they are spamming, and proper use of unsubscription headers. There is nothing earth shattering, but they are simple steps that should make it easier to distinguish the good guys from the bad guys.
--
Kee Hinckley
http://www.messagefire.com/         Next Generation Spam Defense

everyone else's.